Thank you God for Austin Samples, because my girl over at Olive to Run posed this question on her Facebook page.
What is the WORST injury you’ve ever had? [running related or not]
As i described my worst injury to her, I began on a quest to find the photo that would explain the injury.
- First, I called my mom, who allowed me to break into her email to see if I’d sent her the photo from my Elon email, since I’d been at Elon when the injury had been incurred.
- Then I logged into her email. No dice.
- I emailed my Dad at work. Except Papa Cheri would not be at work til like 9am. Okay.
- I tried to log into my Elon email, knowing fully well that they’d shut us out of our email like 60 days after we’d graduated.
- And finally, I tore through my house, looking for an old PC that I hadn’t booted up since maybe 2010. The thanks to Austin comes in where I realized I had no cords and no mouse to use the thing. I got all of those things, and finally booted it.
Time machine much?
AIM was still on the desktop. And Marilyn was asleep in the background.
But the main event, the only reason that I booted the PC in the first place?
The worst injury I ever got.
I played rugby for a short time my freshman year. During this particular game, where my boyfriend at the time was watching from the sidelines in horror, a girl tackled me from pretty high up. Now take a close look at my right knee without getting nauseated. So when she did this, I heard a loud crack, and went down. I remember the coach asking me what was wrong, and I couldn’t tell her, all I could tell her was that I was in horrible pain radiating from my right knee. It swelled up immediately, and what ended up happening was something called a tibial tuberosity, meaning that a bone that sat at the bottom of my knee had been pulled up and off by my ACL, accounting for that crack I heard. I spent the next, like 8 weeks in an ACL brace and on crutches, and to this day, that knee gets sore from time to time.
Okay, enough of me walking down memory lane.
What is the worst injury, running or not running related that you’ve ever gotten?