Seriously, yesterday was an incredible day. I’m finding that the more I choose to be happy, the happier I am, and yesterday, every little thing made me extraordinarily happy.
- The weather was gorgeous in North Carolina yesterday. Seriously, it was like 60 degrees. I was able to run 6 miles in shorts and a tank top. Today, it’s supposed to snow. Climate change at its absolutely finest.
- I forgot my Garmin charger in Florida. Not the good part obviously. But my sister sent it my way yesterday, which was perfect timing because I got the beeping sound of death that indicates your Garmin is fixin’ to die. (Like the way I threw Southern lingo into there?)
- My sweet tooth was going nuts yesterday. So I made an executive decision, stopped by the Harris Teeter on the way home, and bough this teeny tiny Ben and Jerry’s, pictured above. It’s like a tiny taste of exactly what I needed, and it won’t ruin your life, as it comes in at 280 calories of cookie dough goodness.
- Apothic Red Wine. Bought some of that too. And drank some. YUM!
- Gloves. I was given some Columbia gloves as a gift. Très necessary, as the temp plummeted from 60s to upper 20s as the evening went on.
- Glamour Magazine. I love magazines. If I could, I would have a subscription to Glamour, Rolling Stone, Elle, InStyle, Self, Shape, Women’s Health, Brides, Runner’s World, and Cosmo. But there are only 24 hours in the day, and my bank account would be very upset if all I bought was nail polish and magazines like I want to.
- I made some time to clean! So in between the baby ice cream consumption and a glass of vino, I was able to light candles, sweep, sprinkle some smelly stuff on the carpet, and vacuum. There’s almost nothing that makes me happier than waking up in the morning to a clean space.
So, if you could have a subscription to any magazines, which ones would you have?
What things are making you happy today/this week?