I mean, but there are a couple of things that I cannot FRIGGING STAND, from a grammatical standpoint, that have been making my skin crawl. Let me take you through a few, using the great Stanley Hudson of the Office to express my boredom, displeasure, and disbelief
- Balling/Bawling. One refers to playing basketball. The other refers to sobbing uncontrollably. Figure it out.
- To/Too. I can’t.
- Your/You’re. You’re a higher-up. Why don’t you know the difference? WHY?!
- Affect/Effect. God BLESS! We work in mental health and with pharmaceuticals. It’s IMPERATIVE we know the difference!
- Loose/Lose. We teach classes at the gym, where people gain confidence and LOSE weight. Duh.
- And finally, for my running bloggers. It’s friggin CHAFING not CHAFFING. CHAFING. THAT is what happens to your skin when you don’t use Aquaphor, not CHAFFING. God.