Hola hola hola!
First, look at these really cute earrings one of my instructors gave me!I saw her wearing these cute delicate earrings on her last week, and I went looking online for them, but couldn’t find exactly what I wanted. I liked them a lot, and I emailed her about them. I was over the moon yesterday when they popped up on my desk. Isn’t that sweet?
So remember I met with a nutritionist last week, right? It’s been really really cool, to take some of the things that she’s said, and put them into practice. I find that having someone to be accountable to really helps me to be super conscious of my choices.
After meeting with her, talking about food colors, and talking about my history with food and everything, she had me set a few goals for the next 4-6 weeks.
My short term goals for the next 4 weeks are to:
- Get to bed at or before 11pm Sunday-Thursday. I know this is aggressive, so I want to start by getting in bed at a good time at least 2x/week. Typically my husband and I don’t even get into bed until about midnight most nights, and wake extremely tired.
- No playing on devices after 11pm. This includes iPads, iPods, and iPhones.
- If we want to have sex, we need to start earlier than midnight. This means on sex nights we need to be in bed even earlier than 11pm.
- I will engage in calming activities before bed**. Reading a book, taking a bath, or doing some restorative yoga exercises.
- Get up earlier/get my workouts completed in the morning at least 2x/week. Because I get to bed so late, I often feel too exhausted to get my workouts in in the morning, and end up having to squeeze them in around my classes or before the day ends.
- Get to bed at or before 11pm Sunday-Thursday.
- Lay out my workout clothes before I go to bed. **
- Provide myself with some kind of incentive, like coffee or tea, if I get up and complete a workout early.
- I want more green stuff on my plate for lunch and dinner. I often find myself just packing whatever from the night before and completely forget a salad, some green beans, some kale, etc.
- I can’t eat my main course until my veggies are finished. Silly, but it works for me J
- If I want to eat more, I need more veggies, not more main course.
- Pack something green with my lunch, even if I’m eating something terrible, like a slice of pizza or a lean cuisines.
I’ve been really focusing on color and more veggies and was surprised how much better I feel like I looked in the span of a week!
I think the veggies are really really reducing bloat? Could be my imagination though, but I like what my imagination is doing 🙂
And finally, marathon training is in full swing (even though I don’t want to talk about it because I’m still traumatized by what happened at Greensboro. I just want to run Chicago and have a nice time. That’s all I ask.
But after 15 extremely humid miles yesterday, I had a lot of trouble falling asleep last night. My legs felt restless and tingly, and I repeatedly had to stretch before I finally fell asleep around 1 or 2.
I picked these up from Harris Teeter, but ultimately, I think I’m going to pick up some Sports Legs off of Amazon, since a lot of folks in my trail and ultra running group have stated they have the same problem, and recommended this.
Okay, this is all a mouthful.
How was your week?