I hope you guys had a really good 4th weekend. I did. We just had a bunch of horrible weather, so my brother and Austin painted the baby’s room, and started setting up some more stuff in there.
That would be great, except now, with a fresh, beautiful coat of paint in the baby’s room, I hate the way the rest of my house looks, and I really want the rest of the house painted, the nasty old couches gone, and the carpet ripped up and replaced with hardwoods in the back of the house.
That’s not a tall order, is it?
Ok, so over the weekend, we finally finished season 4 of Orange is the New Black, or OITNB. If you have not yet finished, I need you to stop reading. I’ll post a pregnancy update separately later today, but I don’t want to spoil things for you. So stop reading. STOP READING.
Ok, so I kind of want to go back and watch all the seasons straight through, and that might be my next watch while I’m on the treadmill, when I can’t trick friends into hopping on and gossiping with me. But it started off lightly enough to the point where I secretly thought that Litchfield seemed kinda like camp.
This season however, it because really really apparent that Jenji was moving more into the realm of social commentary, similarly to what she did with Weeds, and things got terrible. Like way too real. So here are the questions that I have. Some of these are observations.
- Linda, Caputo’s gf is a terrible human being. This is not a question. But an observation. She is awful. I hate her stupid haircut. I hate her disregard for the inmates. I HATE that she pulled a gun on Sophia’s wife. She is awful.
- Speaking of awful people, when I got a sense that something bad was going to go down, I was kind of hoping that something would happen to Piper. She absolutely sucks. Now, I did feel terrible for her when she got burned, because it was really mean and I get why Ruiz was upset, but I feel like it knocked her down a peg or two. I mean, she unwittingly (ish) started a white supremacist group in prison. I knew she was selfish before, but this is just awful. (Also reminds me of how selfish Nancy Botwin was. And we all still rooted for her because it’s Nancy, and she always lands on her feet).
- Is Daya gonna do it? Shooting someone, execution-style, makes you an awful person. But that guard is disgusting and brought a gun into the prison. But her mom would be heartbroken from outside of the prison, right?
- What did Piscatella do that landed him at a women’s low-security facility after working at a men’s max. It had to be bad, right? I also didn’t realize how badly he sucked. But he is just awful.
- What’s going to happen to Judy King? Things weren’t looking food for her there at the end. And when the inmates quickly figure out that she was on her way out (she was wearing a jacket and holding her belongings in a box), they’re not going to be happy. Especially since they didn’t get their payout from the photo yet and Judy got the Martha Stewart treatment at camp cupcake. Which I know to be a fact – while I was in social work, one of my clients was at camp cupcake and told us how Martha was lovely and would cook using hair straighteners.
- Poussey. 😦
- How is MCC going to cover up a dead guard AND a dead inmate? Looks like the “secret” about the dead inmate is out (I call it a secret since it took them forever to report it to local police). Will the guard thing every be revisited or are we all going tot pretend that they didn’t dig a body out of the garden?
Those are my questions for now. Let me know if you have any thoughts/answers for me, I’m dying to hear what others think.
Thoughts on Season 4 of OITNB?
What did you do this weekend?